7 bizarre stories about what it’s like to actually meet a supernatural being in real life.
A recent internet thread asked the question, “What conversation or interaction with a physically normal stranger left you wondering if you’d just talked to something non-human or supernatural (like an angel/demon/ghost/alien/time traveller etc.)?”
We posed the same question to our readers and picked the seven most fascinating answers. We list them below:
1. “I was at a Taco Bell or something. I think it was a Taco Bell. It was super late and there was this dude, just standing there, behind the counter. I was immediately weirded out, like something was just wrong. So wrong. I can’t explain it. He was like, ‘What do you want to order?’ and I was like, ‘I guess a Taco Party Pack,’ and he was like, ‘Just for you?’ and I was like, ‘So?’ and then he went back to get it for me and I just remember thinking, ‘This is a fucking MacDonald’s. What the fuck is he getting?’ I ran out of there and felt a greasy chill on my back as I left the door. It was almost like someone had spilled a ghost version of a Taco Party Pack on me…”
2. “One time I was just hanging out with my friends at an outdoor bar when a group of really hot girls approached us and asked if we would buy them drinks. One of the girls seemed like she was in charge of the whole group, like she was their leader or something. So I decided to only talk to her and asked if she could bring my dead grandmother back to life. She kind of laughed and said something about how yeah, sure, she’ll just cast a spell and do that. Who the fuck would have the power to bring my nasty old grandmother back to life? I felt a chill down my spine and said to her, ‘No, that’s cool. Just maybe leave her dead for now.’”
3. “At a liquor store, I tried to buy cigarettes and out of nowhere, Bigfoot stepped inside and also asked for cigarettes. Bigfoot can fucking talk I guess. And he smokes. And they just gave him the cigarettes because I guess he’s like a celebrity or something.”
4. “A guy got really nervous when he came into the deli where I work. He kept asking us about all the food and if we ate it and how. We were all seriously spooked because he acted so strange and who would ask questions like those? We said we do eat it and we do it by putting it in our mouths. He was like, ‘Woah, that’s so gross. I put it in my butt to eat it.’ We were skeptical till he demonstrated but sure enough a pound and a half of corned beef went right inside his pooper. Or should I say, his eater?”
5. “Time travel isn’t true, right? I changed my mind about that when I saw two children enter a bathroom at a train station. Then they came out as adults. Then two kids who looked exactly like the adults when they were kids came out and I was like, ‘Wait a second, there are two versions of them now.’”
6. “A man at a bar bought me a drink and then explained that he was the devil. I of course didn’t believe him because the devil isn’t Puerto Rican. But then the guy says he’s not Puerto Rican. But he gets that a lot because he just kind of looks Puerto Rican. And I’m like, are you lying because you’re the devil? And he’s like, yeah.”
7. “My only ghost encounter came when I was staying at this old hotel and the guy at the counter was really chatty and kept talking about how this place had been in his family for generations and how he’d worked there since 1873. I was like, ‘1873? That’s impossible.’ And then he said, ‘I’m sorry, I mean 1983.’ Then a ghost walked by and high-fived him like he had totally burned me, but I didn’t get the joke.”
Reports so secret we hide them on this page.