A toxic colleague can be hard to spot. They tend to subtly chip away at office morale in ways you may not even notice. Below we list what toxic people almost always do at work but that often goes under the radar. Many of these behaviors appear normal on the surface, but they actually show a deeper and almost undetectable level of disdain for co-workers. Look out for these seven signs:
1. He lights you on fire and says, “Sick burn!”
2. Whenever you find her in the break room squatting over a pot of coffee, she says she’s having “lady problems” and acts offended. Then a few minutes later, she brings you coffee.
3. At a baby shower, she comes dressed as a baby and takes all the gifts.
4. On an office retreat, he shows a power point presentation of himself, four hours earlier, wearing the bagels and donuts you just ate, on his dick.
5. He replaces your food in the breakroom fridge with perfect replicas made of laxatives and lab-grade cocaine.
6. When someone has a minor injury, she jumps in and says she used to be a nurse/paramedic/pre-med student and then goes straight to a full anal probe with a stapler.
7. When you leave work, he’s almost always just sitting there in the back seat of your car. And when you ask him to leave, he pretends he can’t speak. Then, when you finally drive away, he waits till you’re on the highway and asks if you can drop him off at his house, which is 25 miles in the opposite direction. Then he acts like he’s going to murder you for the rest of the ride.
The only business news in the universe that matters.