Job burnout has become a serious issue, separating people who love coming into an office every day and talking about how much they love it, and those who hate coming in every day and hate everyone and everything they see there.
If you’re somewhere in the middle, you may be drifting towards burnout. Be aware of these five sure signs.
1. When your boss comes to ask a question, you just lower your head and flip him off. When he continues to talk, you bring your hand back slightly and then thrust it forward, again and again, till he leaves or security arrives and removes you from your chair.
2. At office birthday celebrations, you ask to say a few words. Then you just stand there, confused, and say nothing. Sometimes other people will applaud and say, “Thanks, Steve,” and usher you out of the way, because you always do this and this is their way of dealing with it. Other times, people will just continue to eat cake and eventually leave the conference room and turn off the lights while you stand there, catatonic.
3. During “brainstorming” sessions, you say to everyone, “Wait. I’ve got a great idea!” When they all give you their total attention to hear this great idea, you say, “Why don’t you all suck my dick?”
4. When you meet someone new, you extend your hand for the handshake. Then you grasp it with all your strength and pull it towards your crotch. Then you scream, “This guy just touched my nuts!”
5. No one sits near your desk anymore, because when you arrive in the morning you pour a bottle of liquor on yourself and hold a lighter, which you wave around as you type nonsense into your computer.
The only business news in the universe that matters.