Empathy. It’s the one quality that separates us from monkeys. Maybe not monkeys. That doesn’t sound right. Anyway, empathy is good. If you have it, you’re probably a good person. If you don’t, it means you can’t relate to other human beings. That’s not good.
Below we list the 7 common phrases used by unempathetic people. While these may seem normal to you, they actually show a deep disconnection with humankind and maybe even reality. Do you use these phrases? If you do, you may not have empathy. (That’s bad.)
1. “I don’t care about human beings because I don’t consider myself human. I’m something else. I don’t know what it is, but all I know is that I hate people and can’t understand them.”
2. “I don’t understand why the movie where the guy dies of cancer is ‘sad.’ He died and left his family behind. Is that sad? I don’t get it.”
3. “I might marry one of my boogers. I don’t know. It seems just like a person, I guess.”
4. “I talked with someone yesterday. At least I think it was someone. I kind of didn’t pay attention. Maybe I wasn’t talking at all. Maybe there was no one there. I don’t really care.”
5. “This wedding is stupid. I think I’ll steal the cake because I’m hungry. I may also poop my pants because I need to take a dump and I don’t care if I stink or if people start asking what that smell is. I do what I need to do.”
6. I have sex with inanimate objects because they don’t move around when I have sex with them. That’s way better than with a person who moves and I have to always tell them, ‘Hey, stay still. Don’t move. Stay perfectly still, like you’re an object.’”
7. “My booger divorced me today. I guess that’s cool, because I want to marry a different one of my boogers.”
Insights are given to you as a gift from our team of insight insiders.