Conversations. They’re hard. And you have to have them all the time. You say stuff. Someone else says stuff too. That’s pretty much it.
The goal is to sound intelligent, interesting, and intriguing. But so often, we use phrases that do the opposite. In fact, some of the things you say everyday can make you sound boring. And when used in combination with other sentences you can even come off as scary and undesirable.
That’s right. Common phrase combinations like the ones listed below can make you sound not just dull, but also like a serial killer. Stop using them today. Or not. We really don't have a strong opinion on this.
1. “Wanna read a book with me? And then look at my penis?”
2. “Hey, I’ve got a great theory about how Czarist Russia is analogous to birdwatching. Now get in my van.”
3. “My name is Myron Beatleneck. May I buy your soul?”
4. “You into stamp collecting? No? Well let’s trade faces then.”
5. “The library convention is just around the corner. I can fit a whole peach up my butt. The large kind.”
6. “I could probably talk forever about Star Trek. But that would leave me no time to murder people.”
7. “Will you look at this term paper I’ve written? It’s about how I’m going to kidnap you.”
8. “Were you aware that there were 376 different species of butterflies? That I can fit in my butt?”
9. “I just fixed my calculator. Now I can count how many personalities I have.”
10. “I live in my mother’s basement. With my mother’s dead body.”
11. “I’m very well-versed at the science of cross-breeding flowers. And also killing people.”
12. “Have you ever read Hobart’s Taxonomy of Aquatic Species? I ask all my future captives that.”
13. “I recently purchased some rare manuscripts. That I use to wipe the blood off my face.”
Insights are given to you as a gift from our team of insight insiders.